So all cam girls look like porn stars, ...right?
No absolutely not! Cam girls and guys are people of all shapes and sizes. Most of our cam models are stay at home mums and normal everyday women, with spare tyres, wobbly bits and the odd grey hair and wrinkle! The type of ladies who worry about cellulite and wear their Bridget Jones knickers when they go out in a dress.
The first thing to remember is that there are guys out there waiting to cam with women of all shapes and sizes. Lots of men prefer an older bigger woman, 'a real woman', with fat bits, saggy tits and love handles. And wow do they love a big arse! Generally, what you think is your worst feature, the men will love!
"Being on cam really opens your eyes as to what men really find attractive. I've acctually become more comfortable with my body size and shape since becoming a cam girl. It's a massive confidence boost to know that there are men out there who find me attractive and love my fat tummy and big bum." - Honesty Cam Girl (Size 22 Aged 38)
Equally there are lots of young girls who really do look like porn stars and models. Also eveything in between from trans gender to no gender. The point is that it doesn't matter what you look like!
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a camgirl/guy but worried about your looks or shape, just drop us an email or Facebook msg and have a chat.
Here at Honesty Cams we get asked so many questions about what it is really like becoming a cam girl.
There is loads of technical information and advice out there for which laptop and webcam you should get. However, once you are all set up, and software downloaded, you've had some training on how to use the website.... what do you actually do in front of the cam?
- What do I wear?
- How should I set my prices?
- What do I say when someone comes into my chat room?
- Do I have to show my face?
- What happens if they want me to do something I don't want to do?
All these questions and more can seem a bit scary when you first turn on that cam....
This blog, (over the next few posts) is hopefully going to answer a few of your questions and give you an idea of what you can expect when you become a cam girl. Feel free to find us on Facebook or Twitter and ask us your questions, we'd love to add them into our blog.
For now and to get you started, here is our first top tip!
1. Be real! - It's great to have a 'personality', either be yourself or pick a persona thats close to it. You'll need a 'cam name' anyway so take a bit of time to think about who this person is and what she likes. Is she a cheeky minx, that likes to take the piss, or a bit of a dominatrix who expects to be worshipped? Whatever you decide, keep it simple and authentic. The majority of customers come on these sites and pay for your time because they want to meet a person NOT a barbie doll porn star. If they want free porn they can go to www.pornhub.com (which, by the way, is a great place to do some research!) So take some time and think about your avatar, likes/dislikes, what they do for fun and bring a bit of yourself into it.